For a printable version of this information, please click here
- OVAL – To maintain open web space. Can be modified easily to accommodate specific hand issues.
- CURVED – To support transverse arch of hand.
- Provides primary support of arm in reducing shoulder subluxation.
- Controls elbow position.
- Provides secondary arm support in reducing shoulder subluxation.
- Provides arm protection by keeping elbow close to body.
- Provides dynamic compressive forces through wrist, elbow and shoulder.
- Reduces potential for accommodation of nervous system.
- Protects shoulder from over-tightening (impingement).
- Allows controlled arm swing with ambulation.
- Provides arm protection by keeping arm close to body.
- Fashioned after “figure 8” harness.
- Facilitates thoracic extension, scapular retraction, and scapular depression.
- 1″ webbing for strength and comfort.
Anterior and Posterior Buckles
- Adjust both buckles to reduce shoulder subluxation.
- Adjust posterior buckle independently once subluxation has been reduced to bring shoulder into neutral rotation.
Locking 4 Tab (back cross)
- Maintains proper positioning of shoulder harness.
- Position for maximum function and comfort.
- Position at anterior axillary wall of uninvolved arm for maximum comfort.
- Position center of cross over back of wrist.
- Maintains positioning of sling to properly support arm.
- Helps hold wrist in neutral position.